We’re looking for a Java engineer with knowledge of the internals of big data platforms like Hadoop, Kafka, and Spark. This role will report directly to our CTO and will be responsible for developing our core security and encryption product.
- Writing and modifying low-level Hadoop components (HDFS, KeyProvider API);
- Making packages for Cloudera / Hortonworks / MapR / EMR distributions;
- Writing and modifying low-level Kafka components;
- Making packages for Confluent / Kinesis distributions;
- Writing and modifying low-level Spark components;
- Writing and modifying low-level components for NoSQL databases
- Deep knowledge of Java;
- Experience working on internals of Hadoop/Kafka/Spark is a strong plus;
- Deep knowledge of Python is a strong plus;
- Familiarity with concepts of symmetric / asymmetric encryption;
- Verbal and written technical English
If that’s you, please email your resume and a code sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide enterprise security and encryption for big data in the cloud.
Rather than managing a myriad of disparate data protection tools, NuCypher enables security architects to transparently encrypt data in-flight, at-rest, and in-use across big data platforms and both on-premise and cloud environments.
We’re funded by Y Combinator, NewGen Capital, Base Ventures, Mission & Market, and other top technology investors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.